Employees who are members of a uniformed service or who apply for membership in a uniformed service will be given the required time off for the performance of duty, including active duty, active duty for training, initial active duty for training, inactive duty training, full-time National Guard duty, and the time necessary to be absent from employment for an examination to determine fitness to perform any of these duties. Uniformed services generally include the Armed Forces, the Army National Guard, and the Air National Guard.

You or an officer of the service must give the Bank advance notice, either written or verbal, of your need for military leave, unless advance notice is precluded by military necessity (as determined by the Secretary of Defense) or is otherwise not within your control. You should give notice and provide a copy of any official papers as soon as possible after receipt of military orders so that any necessary scheduling arrangements can be made. Failure to provide adequate notice may result in a denial of reinstatement.

Upon notification of your need for leave or upon your request to the Human Resources Department, you will be provided with information regarding your rights and responsibilities for military leave.