Employees are eligible to enroll the Monday following their hire date. Benefits begin the first day of the month following the hire date.
Employees must enroll within 31 days of their eligibility date.
Who Is Eligible?
Regular full-time Associates who are actively working a minimum of 30 hours per week. Associates may also enroll their eligible dependents.
As a reminder, a dependent is defined as an Associate’s:
- Legal spouse/domestic partner.
- Child(ren) or their legal spouse/domestic partner’s child(ren) up to age 26. Such child(ren) includes:
- A child by birth.
- An adopted child.
- A child under the age of 18 who has been placed with an Associate for the purpose of adoption for whom they have a legal obligation to support.
- A child under the age of 18 who has been placed under an Associate’s legal guardianship.
- A mentally or physically disabled dependent over the age of 26 once proof of the ongoing disability is provided.
Dependent Eligibility Audit
We will conduct a Dependent Eligibility Audit in the first quarter of 2018. Open Enrollment will serve as a reminder to check to see if dependents are truly eligible for coverage and remove them if they are not.
A third-party firm specializing in such audits will send a letter to every Associate who has one or more dependents (spouses/domestic partners and children) enrolled in our Medical, Dental, or Vision plan. They will ask for documentation to verify eligibility of dependents.
Beyond this audit, WireCo will also be requiring documentation any time a new dependent is added to the plan.
Examples of documentation that may be requested (not a complete list):
- State or federal tax returns (within the last two years) showing married filing jointly or married filing separately (first page only, blacking out Social Security numbers and financial information).
- Marriage certificates.
- Birth certificates.
- Divorce decrees.
How and When to Enroll
To enroll, Associates must call Premier Worksite Solutions at 844-225-3574. The call center hours are Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., CST. The enrollers will help Associates choose the benefits that are best for them and their families. New Associates may call beginning the Monday following the hire date.
Associates are eligible to begin coverage on the first of the month following their date of hire and must enroll within 31 days of their eligibility date.
All new employees must call an enroller, even if they want to waive coverage.